KNEE PAIN RELIEF
Do you suffer from knee pain? Dr. Nathan Fisher and staff at Achieve Health & Wellness can help. We proudly provide excellent chiropractic care for Bolingbrook and its surrounding areas.
We understand what causes knee pain and how to achieve healing and knee pain relief. Read on to find out more about knee pain and what we can do to help you.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
There is a wide assortment of injuries and conditions which can cause knee pain. Some can be completely cured while others are irreversible. The second sort, however, can still be made more bearable through improved mobility and pain relief.
The knee joint is a complex structure. It supports the entirety of the upper body’s weight, relying heavily on muscles and ligaments for stability. This complexity of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and the major bones of the leg provides a number of possibilities for injury, damage, and pain.
In addition, the patella – or kneecap – is designed to “float” within the patellofemoral groove. This intricate design allows the knee to move properly. It also adds another area that can easily be damaged.
With all these delicate structures combined together in the small area that is the knee, it is little wonder that there are so many potential causes for pain and dysfunction in the area. Among them are:
- Adhesive Capsulitis – commonly known as Frozen Knee
- Bursitis – inflammation of the sac of fluid (bursa)
- Osteoarthritis – incurable but treatable
- Dislocated knee – often involves the patella
- Sprains – violent wrenching of knee ligaments causing pain and swelling
- Strains – stretching and/or tearing of the tendons and/or muscles
- Trauma such as might be encountered in a slip and fall, vehicular, or sport accident
The pain felt in one’s knees can also be caused by dysfunction in other areas of the body. This referred pain can also come from:
- Low back facet joints
- Hip Joints
- Sacroiliac joints
- Muscles over the hips and surrounding the knees
Treatments for Knee Pain Relief
There are more than 150 chiropractic techniques that have been proven to be effective for the treatment of pain, stiffness, loss of mobility, and other conditions caused by dysfunction in the structures of the body. Chiropractic care focuses on the relationship between structure and function and thus, is ideally suited to treating many of the causes of knee pain.
After careful examination, the doctor can develop an individualized treatment plan specifically designed to meet your needs. Some of the possible treatments which might be used include:
- Manual chiropractic adjustment of joints
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Functional Rehabilitation
- Laser therapy
- Ultrasound treatments
- Deep soft tissue massage therapy
- Cross friction
- Kinesio Taping
- Stability exercises
- Spinal decompression